This frittata is wonderful for a cold winter’s night and leftovers can be taken to work for lunch. It is also a great vegetarian option!
- 1 zucchini
- 100g frozen peas
- 8 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk (of your choice, I used rice milk)
- ½ cup grated hard goats cheese
- Sea salt and pepper
- 400g cooked sweet potato cut into slices
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- Cook sweet potato then zucchini in a steamer until soft but not mushy. Boil peas in water for 5 minutes or until no longer frozen.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Beat eggs with milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into frittata dish. Decorate with the vegetables. Place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until it is no longer runny.
- In a frypan, fry the garlic until soft, then add mushrooms. Sautee these until soft as well.
- Once the frittata is ready top with mushrooms and serve. You can also add some slices of buffalo mozzarella on to the hot frittata and allow to melt to make it extra delicious!